Pages

Friday 3 June 2016

Aliteration

Many poets use aliteration, words of the same beginning sound, to stress an important part of the poem. Sometimes the same sound appear next to each other in the same line.


An example of alliterative verse.


Pepping Possum


I saw a Possum peeping past
petunias pastel pink.
On Thursday at three - thirty, or
Thereabouts, I think
What would he want? I wondered, as I
Waited while he wriggled
He grasped at grass, grinned goodbye,
Glided off, and giggled.


Summer


Pour on lotion,
Rub it in
Perfect for
My summer skin,


On my bike or in my pool,
A sip of water
Keeps me cool


Shades are on,
Flip-flops on to
In the summer
theres so much to do!!!
Screenshot 2016-05-19 at 12.39.12 PM.png

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These two poems are the best I've seen yet Memory,
I think that yours is better, even than my 3.
Funny right, I made my own rhyme. Anywho, good job on your post!!!! LOVE IT So much.

Post a Comment